Born February 28 1986, Olivia Toledo Palermo grew up between New York and Greenwich, Connecticut. She hit the mainstream conscious by starring in the MTV reality series The City and has since become as famous for impeccable natural style.
* She studied at The American University in Paris before returning to The New School, NYC, to read media studies
* Photographer Patrick McMullan first noticed her potential at a charity auction in New York and subsequently began publishing photographs of her at various social events
* In 2008, she took up the lead role in The City
* In 2009, she was signed by the Wilhelmina Model agency
* In 2010, she became the face of the London label Freda as well as launching a jewellery line in collaboration with Roberta Freymann
* A committed charity figure, Palermo is a member of the Friends Committee of New Yorkers For Children (to which a part of the proceeds of the jewellery line was donated), and she is also on the committee of Operation Smile
* In April 2010, she contributed to the Today I'm Wearing page on VOGUE.COM UK to share her style choices every day
One of the biggest fashion stories of the beginning of the new decade, Palermo counts her YSL Tribute heels, her Ray-Ban Wayfarers and her first Birkin bag as among her most prized fashion possessions. "It was such a pivotal moment - especially living in New York - to have received it," she said of the bag. "I use it now occasionally, it always reminds me of how I've progresses stylistically and how cyclical fashion truly is."
Source: Vogue, wiki and google.